Digital and Program Delivery – Strata Hub
Strata Hub is a ‘one stop shop’ for NSW strata communities to better connect with each other and the NSW Government. The project was established to address gaps in:
- the existing information on NSW strata plans;
- the tools that are used to monitor the quality of building work for newly constructed apartment buildings; and
- the education and guidance around living, working and getting involved in a strata committee.
In its initial phase, the Strata Hub has three key components:
- Strata Living: provides up-to-date and interactive educational web content on the NSW gov website to assist people who want to buy or currently own/live in a strata residence;
- Strata Building Bond & Inspections Scheme (SBBIS): details the steps that developers, building inspectors and owners corporations must take to progress a building bond to fix defects identified in new apartment buildings. This provides transparency for all stakeholders and assurance to customers who buy off-the-plan properties; and
- Strata Portal: allows strata representatives to provide and share information about their strata scheme to meet the amended Strata Schemes Management Regulation 2016 (the Regulation).