AWS CloudUp for Her The CloudUp for Her, free community training program was developed in 2020 as...
We are delighted to make available the winners for the 2023 TechDiversity Awards, 25th May, Melbourne.
Winners & Merit Winners awarded on the night include:
Recognising businesses that have implemented exceptional diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives within their organisation. These companies have demonstrated a commitment to fostering an inclusive work environment and promoting diversity at all levels.
- Winner: Blaze Your Trail – A Technology Social Enterprise by Blaze Your Trail
- Merit Winner: Indigenous Geospatial Consultancy and Mapping Workshops by Winyama Digital Solutions Pty Ltd
- Merit Winner: Nology – Creating Diverse Tech Talent for the Sector by Nology
- Merit Winner: Stile’s Women in STEM: Software Engineering Internship by Stile Education
- Merit Winner: iSTEM Co. by iSTEM Consulting
Highlighting educational institutions or organizations that have made significant strides in promoting diversity and inclusion within the field of education. These initiatives aim to create equitable opportunities for all students and provide support for underrepresented groups in pursuing STEM and tech-related careers.
- Winner: Tech Pathways for Neurodivergent Australians by Generation Australia
- Merit Winner: Improving the Learning Environment of Computer Science Students through Tutor and Demonstrator Unconscious Bias Training, By University of Melbourne
- Merit Winner: Go Girl Go For IT By VIC ICT for Women
- Merit Winner: HEX By HEX (The Hacker Exchange)
Acknowledging government agencies or departments that have implemented successful diversity and inclusion programs. These initiatives focus on promoting diversity within the public sector, improving representation, and creating inclusive policies and practices.
- Winner: Diversity & Inclusion at GWW by Greater Western Water
- Merit Winner: Speak-up Save Lives App by NSW Department of Customer Service
- Merit Winner: LiPIE (Ladies in Product Innovation & Engineering) by Australia Post
- Merit Winner: Digital and Program Delivery – Strata Hub by NSW Department of Customer Service
Celebrating marketing campaigns or initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. These campaigns aim to challenge stereotypes, foster inclusive narratives, and increase representation in marketing content and communications.
- Winner: MAGNIFY – Women of Colour in STEM Magazine by STEM Sisters
- Merit Winner: Westpac Women in Technology by Westpac
Tech for Good Category:
Recognising technology projects or initiatives that have a positive social impact. These initiatives leverage technology to address social challenges, promote equity, and make a difference in the lives of individuals and communities.
- Winner: NDIS eLearning Modules by Liquid Interactive and the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Merit Winner: My Aged Care by Liquid Interactive and the Australian Department of Health and Aged Care
- Merit Winner: Estelle Lucas – Red Files + Big Sister by Red Files + Big Sister
- Merit Winner: AWS CloudUp for Her by Amazon Web Services
- Merit Winner: Upzeez – The NextGen of Baby Nursery Furniture by Upzeez
The TechDiversity Awards have not only recognised outstanding achievements but also inspired a collective commitment to creating diverse, inclusive, and innovative tech workplace environments. The winners and merit winners serve as role models for organisations across industries, demonstrating the profound impact that diversity and inclusion can have on driving positive change.
Information and communication technologies (ICT) are often used by sex workers to access...
My Aged Care My Aged Care is the Australian Government's gateway to access aged care information...
One arm of Blaze Your Trail (BYT) is its service helping for-purpose organisations with consulting...
Founded in 2014, Generation is a global non-profit organisation which recruits, trains and places...
We wanted GWW to reflect the diverse community we serve at all levels of the organisation and knew...
Browse TD Award winners by category & year
Let's hear from you
We love hearing from our community and what topics YOU think are important.